Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wiki's, Blogs, and Voicethread

I don't think I will be using wiki's in my classroom due to the fact that anyone can create and put information in a wiki. The students may find information that is false, I don't want them to have false information. It could be really fun to create a classroom blog, it would be fun for students to help create it and decide what information we could add to the blog. Parents may also like the blog idea so they could see the different daily things that their children are doing that they don't usually get to see or hear about.

Socialbookmarking would be a great tool to use to make internet browsing easier for the teacher and students to find information or websites that they need. When you are looking around on the internet and find useful websites it would be great to be able to bookmark or tag the website to use again in the future. Voicethread could be a useful tool for older students, I don't think it would be useful in the elementary level.

I had never heard of Tapped In but after researching it a little bit I think this would be a useful tool as a teacher. It is always a good idea to communicate with collegues, it is great to share and get ideas from others. Tapped In offers many ideas and different resources for teachers to use.

References:

1995-2010

Jonassen, D., Howland, J., Marra, R., & Crismond, D. (2008). Meaningful Learning with Technology (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Pearson Education, Inc.
SRI International. http://tappedin.org/tappedin/web/about.jsp

4 comments:

  1. my thought exactly. I think the use of wikis and social bookmarking are something that may bring more false info into the class room than good info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds as if a lot of have never heard of or had any experience with Tapped In. I feel that after having some training on this program, I would definitely use it with my colleagues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe if you use a wikis page to be creative in a classroom might be more useful than for information. It could be good for gathering information on a project allowing kids to post what they have found and work off of each other but again if wrong information is posted the teacher will have to be on it to correct it asap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think parents will enjoy the blog idea like you stated. They will enjoy seeing the daily things their children are doing in the classroom. I think with more information and more exploring of Tapped In it will be a helpfuly tool for teachers and they will find it useful.

    ReplyDelete