Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Podcasting

Podcasting is a great tool and would be very useful in classrooms.  The teacher could create a podcast that the students could access in the classroom or at home when doing homework, this could help students remember how to do the work the teacher taught in the classroom that the students forgot how to do the work by the time they got home.  Podcasts are convienient, they can be put on portable devices and taken whenever.  Podcasts just like wikis have to be from a reliable source, anyone can create a podcast so just because it is on the internet doesn't mean the information is true.

Podcasts and Web 2.0 are similiar because they are both used online but are different because Podcasts can be  uploaded to any device where as the Web 2.0 seem more like applications that are used for the internet.  They can both be used to create something that you want to create and design it the way you want it.

I don't own an Ipod or MP3 player but I do have an Iphone 4, I mainly use my phone for calls, texts, and internet.  I haven't really used it for music, I know there is a ton of stuff I could do with my phone but just don't know how to do it all.  I have used my Iphone when I coached my daughters cheer team, it came in handy because I could just plug it into a speaker.  A lot of stuff can be downloaded and used on portable devices such as, Ipods, MP3 players, and smart phones, this type of device could be extremely useful in the classroom.

2 comments:

  1. I like what you said that teachers could create a podcast in the classroom or for students to do their homework. Great idea the teacher could create a pod on a lecture preparing students for homework like collge professor do, but we could do the same thing in our school classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see how great a tool this could be for homework. If well done a teacher could clearly lay out the assignment and there would not be the confusion about what was expected.

    ReplyDelete